Freshly Fragged Shrooms

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Birchell, Feb 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well I thought I would snap a photo of my shrooms this time. I fragged my hariy shrooms again. All I did was remove the main rock they were on, and scraped one off. Then I put the mother colony back in the tank to reduce the amount of stress they got. Then I got a razor blade and cut the shroom in half, and made sure I got a part of the mouth on both pieces. After that, I got a piece of rock rubble, and super glued them to it. They are acclamating right now, in low flow. In a few hours, to a day they should be up a going again. Then I can trade them in my next club meeting, :hehe: . Ive never fragged xenia, but it will be next. Hope the pic helps. If you have any questions about fraggin shrooms let me know. It is really easy because shrooms are really hardy and heal very quickly.

Michael

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I tell ya Michael, my Xenia grow and spread so fast that I couldn't possibly imagine having to frag them... My whole left side of my glass in my 125 is covered by 27 Xenia stalks and that isn't counting the Xenia that is still attached to my live rock below!!! Hahahaa
    I am going to have to remove some and sell or trade them!!!! They are the nice White polyped ones that pulse like crazy...
    Nice job with the shrooms!

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks bud. My xenia is doing the same thing. I started with two smaller stalks like 2 months ago. Now I have over 7!!! They are spliting daily.... I still think they are a really cool frag. They will pay for them self in no time, lol.

5. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    yeah im on the same boat. xenia is spreading like fire, and my star polyps turned to dust...

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Ah.... I hate to hear about your stars!! They are suppost to be realy easy to care for. Oh well, there is always next time for those guys!! They are everywere.

7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

One last thing. Shrooms stink really bad when they are mad!! My fingers still stink, and I can almost taste it in my mouth :lol: .

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    yeah i still cant figure out what it was... everything else is doing fine, but i think maybe it was because i raised the calcium... and added more light. i had those things for years.

1 person likes this.
  10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Rub your fingers against something that's made out of stainless steel. Seems to reduce the stench when I do this.

11. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Thanks for the pointer. Ill have to try that next time.

12. pshootr

pshootr Fire Worm

I remeber reading some where that some corals have toxins that can be harmful to you. I believe the artical recomended useing some rubber gloves while fragging them. I Can't remember which corals have harmful toxins though.