Fresh watre moray Eel!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by 4G1v3N, Jan 5, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

What do these guys eat? Been feeding oscar frozen blood worms and eel wont eat them? please help!!

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Thanks for your help matt! That darn eel has been a heart ache ever since we bought him!

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

6. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Not that I have noticed. I will try to feed him manually now. Before tonight I was feeding him frozen blood worms. But now i will try feeder goldies live or dead. But I did beef up his tank with lots of cover. Now I have to consider getting him a new tank for the brackish water. But thanks again for your help, I have been obsessed with this forum.

Not with just getting answers but taking what people tell me and applying it to others. Thats what reefin is allot about am I right or what!

Good thing you have done here Matt!

7. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

blood worms are not a meal for eels, eels eat large infrequent meals and store most of it as fat for times when they do not have food, and so can go for weeks without a feed So you can relax, if he hasn't eaten in a month it only means he is feeling a little peckish. For food though i recomend you try some shrimp meat something small on the end of a stick, i used a plastic coat hanger that was broken and jammed a bit of a toothpick in the hollow of it,

[​IMG]

i think that using a white one is better because they can see it easier. wave the food in front of it, be patient they sometimes stare at it for a while wondering if its a trick, if in a good ten minutes they don't eat then leave it for later.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

WOW! look at that. You should patent that before I do! haha.. Thats a great Idea. Thank you!

10. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

not perfect, sometimes the toothpick becomes loose, my snowflake made a meal out of it, no harm though,

11. ADOGG80

ADOGG80 Plankton

I feed my freshwater eel feeder fish at times, but he mostly eats fresh salad shrimp from the grocery store, he goes crazy for shrimp. Its also probably the most cost effective thing to feed them.