fresh water tank

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by karlas, Jun 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

I just wanted to post a photo of my 10 gallon fresh water, its not the best pic but I just wanted to share

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

nice.
    Is that a real plant?
    If so pick up one of those plant feeding sticks.
    They work pretty well.

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

Yep its a real plant. I never used the plant feeding sticks where can i pick them up at? I got the plants at a lfs for like 1.50 each the one in back is a lobelia cardinalis and the front is a red Corombosa plant. That is what they had them labeled as. I use the seachem flourish plant supplement and add that after i do a water change they seem to be doing well but ill try the sticks also.

5. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I got mine at a local pet store. I'm sure your supplements will be good. I used to have a 46 gal that was stuffed with plants. The sticks are black plastic and about the half the length of a pencil. They have little holes drilled into them where it is filled up with supplements. Remember when you do your water changes and cleaning not to clean the gravel around the plants where stems are grabbing on. The plants will actually decompose your debits over time and use all the junk in your tank as additional nutrients. I just cleaned the gravel where there were no plants as well as a little over the surface to keep it looking pretty. So basically it will work like a DSB.
    For more good stuff check out www.aquabid.com The people there are cool and you can combine a ton of bids on all sorts of cool rare plants.