Free DIY Live Rock Karma!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by phorn, Jul 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

Well, since all my attempts at DIY rocks end up looking like cow pies :-[, I thought I'd pass on some karma to those of you who have at least one artistic bone in your body. Post a DIY rock pic and the karma cometh!

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

mine look like cow pies too, but with little spikes on the bottom, :lol: but I did it on purpose in order to set it up on rocks to where my engineer goby would be able to have tunnels under it without disrupting the whole mountain. I like flat rocks for that reason.

center bottom on both pics the flat rocks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

I wish you could make me some... I have about 85lbs of cement left...I wonder if my wife would mind a lawn sculpture....

5. cuttingras

hey...send me 1/2 your cement and I've got a good amt of crushed coral & p. cement and I've got to make more for myself anyway, so I could make you some too, if you pay shipping back to you...after its cured of course...I'll even cure it for ya. or if you can get it to danville IL and leave it at a tent co my hubby does work for, he can drive it back home with him, but it would be in aug. sometime....

what kind of shapes do you want? I'm planning on a few ball shapes with holes and attaching ledges off that to stack and stack I wanna have caves and ledges

6. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

As far a the shapes go, I was hoping to make something that looked like regular live rock to use as my base then put the real stuff on top. Maybe it didn't workout because I'm more of a linear guy...the cements gonna end up filling in some gaps around the back patio...After you get some rocks made, I'd be a buyer!

7. cuttingras

really oh that's totally cool you want me to cure them? I do it for 10 weeks, that's how long it took last time. I will make all different sizes and shapes. you want sand on the outside or cc?

Matt, (Kingfish) am I going to have to pay to advertise my live rock sales? I've often thought of doing it

8. Click Here!

9. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

CC i think. And cured would be great. I just had NO luck, 'course being new I'm not sure what LR is supposed to look like. I have a 30L and i figure I'd need about 25lbs of base. If you can...make some tonga looking rock. You could charge alot for that...but not to me, though ;)

10. cuttingras

well since you will be my first:eek::eek::eek:;D I will work with ya....:) yeah I thought about tonga too

hey where's my karma? I showed you my diy lr :lol:

11. phorn

phorn Bristle Worm

:smoke: I'm honored!

[
    It's there...after seeing your rocks, I could not forget! ;D

2 people like this.
  12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Me needs to tries this! Me need LR for new tank i making....me loses grammer skillz over thises longs summers :)

1 person likes this.