Fragging

Discussion in 'Frags' started by cdeboard, Apr 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

I have a large rock (probably 5 inches thick... 10 inches long.. and 8 inches wide at its widest point) covered in long, well established pulsing xenia. The longest pieces are probably 4 or so inches at its full length. This rock is completely covered in it.
    I have been debating fragging it and trading some frags in at the LFS so I can get some new corals. I am quite new to the hobby and afraid to frag but i heard xenia is an easier one to start with. Any recommendations? What i would need? Directions? LOL

Here is a bad pic.. this is when I had it in too much flow and it was being flattened lol. I have since moved it to the middle of my tank in less flow and looks better and much longer.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

You can also jam some small pieces of liverock up against them, and in a few days, week.. It'll move to that rock..
    You can also, as it's moving to that rock, yet still connected to both rocks..
    Cut it near the base , and you'll have one on each rock..
    The only problem I had was with the waving hand xenia, I think that's what it's called..
    I fraged it the same way, the frag is doing good, but the main one turned purple and faded away.. But that was something I must have done.. And only with the waving hand..
    There's many ways to do it, and I'm sure others will tell you how they do it..

God Luck, Larry