Fragging ?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by shoebox, May 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Ok so I get a really nice red shroom off ebay. and after a week or so it decides to leave its plug and go for a walk. Well i retrieve it and use Loctite super glue control gel to reattach it well it lasts about 10 tens and off on another adventure. Well I glued last nite today missing again. Is it that I am putting it back in the tank to fast and the glue is not curing a little help please. Thanks in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

they have a foot and will naturally migrate around the tank
    I have found mushrooms just appear one day out of nowhere and then disappear again a few days later hahaha. But once its happy with where it is at, it should stay there for a good while.

4. shoebox

So I don't need to glue it in place? Its just a little guy.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You can take some netting and place it around the piece of rubble, to secure it and leave it that way for a week.

What I have done in the past is take a small dish or bowel, place some rubble in that, put mushroom on top and place in a very low flow area.

Mushrooms always slimmed too much for super gel to work for me.

1 person likes this.
  6. shoebox

7. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I agree Corailline - direct attachment with the actual flesh of the mushroom is quite difficult - like keeping two dogs in a bathtub!

But sometimes if the mushroom spends some time on the sandbed it will adhere it's flesh to a few grains of sand or aragonite and it is those grains of sand I use to superglue the mushroom to a larger piece of rubble for easy and secure scaping!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

they have a slime coat that will slough off the glue. best way for them is a piece of fishnet stocking over it and around the plug. that will give it time to get the foot attached.

or, you can cut off the bottom 2-3" of a water bottle and put some sand in the bottom and then the shroom frag. in a low current area, this will keep it contained till it attaches to the sand or a chunk of rock.

[​IMG]

10. VooDoo

VooDoo Fire Shrimp

I'll add my 2 cents, I've tried to glue mushys and have found it best to just let them go where they want. When they do settle where they want they seem to grow happier and healthier :)