fragging star polyp and GSP

Discussion in 'Frags' started by milomlo, Sep 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

hello -
    I have a frag of Star polyps and I want to have them grow on my back glass. However they are on a piece of rock (to big to put on the glass). I tried to take some polyps off it last night, but I just couldn't seem to do it. I was going to glue it onto a clam shell and glue that to the back wall. Now I don't know how to get it to get on the wall. Same thing with GSP I just received, it is on a plug and I'd like to get it onto the glass. ::)

Any suggestions :book2:

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

They should all grow on something similar to a mat. Just peel that up and reglue.

4. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

well I see the mat for the GSP but not the polyps. They look like little vines, but when I tried to do that yesterday they would just tear

5. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Place the rock close to the glass with the GSP then add good current to the GSP it will grow up the glass quickly! Mine is trying to take over my tank!

6. scadsobees

scadsobees Fire Shrimp

You could try to chip off a flake of rock with it on it, and glue that to the back. I'm assuming that the Star polyps you are referencing are something like clove polyps.

I just did that with my green star polyps - peeled some up and glued it to the back, we'll see how it does. It comes up in a nice mat...unless the rock is more porous.

7. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

GSP I see the mat for those. Yes the other are clove polyps sorry if i said it wrong. :-/ They seem to have little runners not really a mat.

8. Click Here!

9. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

+1

Place it near the glass and the GSP should do the rest. Mine branched out from a rock that is 4 inches from the glass and is growing on my back glass. I would do the same with the cloves and they should start growing on the glass as well. Just be patient.

10. Bella127

Bella127 Astrea Snail

Agreed , gsp can be invasive also

11. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

OK well I can't lean the rock for the GSP against the glass so I was thinking I could take the frag off the little rock its on and glue it to a small magnet. If I do this do you think once it starts growing on the glass that I can get it off the magnet?

12. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

OK well, I glued it to the magnet. But now it hasn't opened back up. Do they normally take so long to open back up after taking them out of the water?