fragging Shrooms!! question

Discussion in 'Frags' started by new2salt2, Jun 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

when i frag a shroom can i put the same species together or will they fight? i cut one from 2 diff colonies and want to put them together. they are same breed though. this be ok?

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

If they don't like each other they will move away from each other.

4. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

but not kill each other? that explains why i cant keep them on this small rock i have been trying to get them to attach to

5. IceDragon

IceDragon Bristle Worm

shrooms can move ???? i know this is a newbie question ... but how and what other corals can relocate themselves

6. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

not sure how they do it, but i know they ball up and go with current. today i notice a small one i cut a few weeks ago. found him up from bottom on a rock and he is attatched now too..

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

There are alot of corals like my kenya tree. I wonder if that is why they are called trees... anyway the ends of this coral has what looks like little buds and they twist off once a year or so and fall where ever and start to grow. Xenia will move around also and pop off whatever they are on and replant somewhere else. so it is interesting to watch them do there thing.