Fragging finger leathers?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Boywithafishtan, Nov 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Hey everyone,

I tried reading up on this subject, because i got a HUGE finger leather in my tank, that is soon oversized for my small 20 gallon. But cant find anything. My finger leather is an Cladellia, so i'm not sure if its different. Do you guys have experience with this? Please let me know :) Cheers!

2. Click Here!

3. Dyonopses1

Dyonopses1 Skunk Shrimp

I have a big finger leather as well. Mine drops a finger about every 3 weeks. I use to pick them up and glue them to a reef plug but it happens so often that I just throw them away now.

4. Salmo salar

Salmo salar Flamingo Tongue

I would gladly pay all shipping expenses for some garbage doomed finger leathers.

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Not when you find out how much shipping costs ;)

Leathers are literally the easiest corals to frag....cut as much as you want off, glue down to plugs or rubble. watch it grow. rinse and repeat until your tank has no room for water. done. lol

6. Boywithafishtan

Boywithafishtan Coral Banded Shrimp

Haha, yeah thats how it went when i've fragged my other soft corals haha, they grow like crazy. They're really awesome to keep though. I'll try to frag off an annoying branch from my finger leather, by just cutting it with a fine razor blade, to prevent any serious damage, and make a clean cut. Finger leathers do not release harmful toxins into the water when cut into like toadstools do they? I might just try to grow some finger leather frags then :) Thanks for the advice!