fragging devils finger coral

Discussion in 'Frags' started by mattgeezer, Sep 1, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

Hello all !! ive been reading a few posts here about fragging various corals .

I wondering if anyone could give me some hints on how to actually do it :-/
    As i dont want to stuff up, or should i try to frag something else first? say xenia??
    cheers
    matt;)

2. Click Here!

3. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

Place the coral in a separate container and fill that container with tank water.....Then take a razor or sharp scissors and make a cut. U should at least have a fork and a few branches (this is a good size). Then its as simple as attaching the cutting to a plug or piece of reef rubble w/ one of those miniature rubberbands.

1 person likes this.
  4. mattgeezer

sounds quite straight forward . cheers mate +1

5. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

just make sure u place the cutting in an area with not too much flow. :)

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I just cut them off and let the cuts ends lay in a bowl of rock rubble until they attach that way you can get more frags with less trouble sometimes unless experienced with the rubber bans you will just pinch them off and they will slide out and off and gone with the currents. Oh But you have to keep the bowl of rubble and cuttings in the tank.. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. reefboy23

reefboy23 Feather Duster

Tangsters way of doing it is also effective.....U can place a piece of cheesecloth or bridal veil over the bowl of rubble using a rubberband to protect the cutting. :)

8. Click Here!

9. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just cut them off and let the cuts ends lay in a bowl of rock rubble until they attach that way you can get more frags with less trouble sometimes unless experienced with the rubber bans you will just pinch them off and they will slide out and off and gone with the currents. Oh But you have to keep the bowl of rubble and cuttings in the tank..

thats how i do most frags.once they attach to gravel i superglue gel the gravel they attached to onto a rock,the frag grows over the gravel in time.sometimes i use rubberbands but they usually cut through the frag.

1 person likes this.
  10. mattgeezer

thankyou all , im gonna give it a shot .cheers;D