fragged a candycane for the first time!!!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by mushroom_man, Nov 26, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    yeah, i was looking at my tank last night and i realized that my blue candycane (trumpet) coral had become huge. I'm talking the size of my fists balled up and put together. so I thought to myself hmmm... this coral is choking the bottom of itself out from the light. i found some of my fragging tools i had recieved from my old boss that had gone neglected in my car for some time now, and got to work.

i lifted the coral from the resting spot it so likes, and proceeded to choose a branching tube at the bottom of the coral to cut. the first crunch of the skeloton made me whince. but then came another and another until i had a total of four blue trumpet frags and a nice sized mother to continue future propagation (much later).

well its awesome and i feel very accomplished. and im going to see how much i can get for a trade at my lfs's.

2. Click Here!

3. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Show us some pics of your new frags :D

4. mushroom_man

ill post as soon as i can find the usb cable or the other camera... poo...

5. mushroom_man

well i found the cable right after i odered one off of ebay... go figure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Been there, done that, didn't like it on the cable thing- lol! Nice candy cane - I am watching my neon green grow , I'd like to frag it when it get's a little bigger. Let me know how your "babies" turn out!

7. mushroom_man

thank you!!!

im waiting for the green i have as well to get bigger. im gonna chop that sucker up real good... lol

well since i posted this thread, the peices i was trying to save in the first place have doubled in size!

8. Click Here!

9. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Hey Monkey, how do you get your candy canes to grow that fast. Ive had a neon green one for 2 months now, and it hasnt grown at all. It puffs up nice in the day, but that is it. One of the heads has two mouths, but it was like that when I got it. Are you feeding it something special?? I dose kent Phyto Plex once to twice a week, but that is it. My calcium is around 350-380. I also noticed they dont send out the sweaper tenticals at night like they should. What am I doing wrong???

10. mushroom_man

my calcium levels are in the 420-480 range, remember LSP, IMO, need just as much calcium as SPS. hope this helps man!

11. mushroom_man

by the way i thought this thread was dead! lol. it just needed a little help from a friend!

1 person likes this.