Four Line Wrasse? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JJL, Mar 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Yup it is that time again :)... I am starting ot think about getting a new fish in 2 or 3 weeks... I have an RSM 130d (34 gallons) with two clowns, and a Royal Gramma...I really like the FLW, but I do not know much about them. I did some research and for the most part one seems like a good contender ofr a new fish... Anything I missed that might make them not so good? Any other info is appreciasted..If you have a Four Lined Wrasse post some pictures so I could see please! :) Also do these fish rely on pods? Or are they mostly flake, and frozen food fish? Do they stay out often or are they cave dwellers? Thanks as always!
    JJL

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

WOW! Those are two pretty awesome fish! Thanks or sharing :)

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

four lines are pretty cool but i think they pick at the rocks for plankton like creatures! i forget though!

6. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I have a Blue Flasher Wrasse. Him and Gman (YWG) give my aquarium most of its personality.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Flasher Wrasse
    This link gives Slinky no justice. His body is an orange/pick/red color, his belly is silverish and his dorsal and pectoral fins are a pretty blue purple color. He rarely hides and is peaceful to the other tank mates.

7. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Six line and four line wrasse are very similar in habit. I have a six line in my tank. He is really cool and can be seen throughout the day hoovering and swimming around the rock work. I've never seen him nip or pick at my coral. They may will eat small snails but I've never seen him pick at my store bought snails...only the little white ones that appear on the tank glass. He also picks at the rocks in my tanks where I believe he is getting my copepods and rotifers. Articles I've read states he will sleep in a cocoon that he makes but I've never seen the cocoon and if he is making one, it hasn't effected the water quality any.
    They will eat a variety of foods. Most importantly, ask the person at the LFS to feed him before you buy him. If he won't eat at the store, he may not eat in your tank.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Thanks for the info! :)

10. saints fan 420

11. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

12. saints fan 420

yeah they're pretty awesome