Found the GSP again

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Puffer Chick, Dec 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

tonight when i get home from work i will try to nuke, lets hope i will kill them without killing my zoas

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

I am not up on this post I guess, are you killing Green Star Polyps?

4. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Did you scrape/cut it from the rock? Get as much "meat" (tissue) off, out, away as you can then scrub the rock. Everyone is using those new electric car detail brush deals from WalMart which are just big electric toothbrushes. Anyway, scrub the rock until it turns white(lol). 8)

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yup, a while ago i found the tiniest patch of hitchhiking green start polyps on my zoa frag rock, i was going to kill them then my frag rock came unglued and i couldnt glue it back on the same spot, so i just randomly glued it and i couldnt find the GSP, i though it may have unknowingly glued over it, but now i see it, so im going to do my best and kill it.

im going to try the kalkwasser method, i had bought the kalk when i first noticed the gsp but then i couldnt find it, but now that i have found it i will attempt to kill it after dinner tonight. If that doesnt work i can try your method. Thankfully the rock is by itself and doesnt support any other rocks and only has two zoa frags on it and i heard they can be out of water for a short time. The GSP is in a kind of hard to get to place so hopefully i will be able to slap some paste on it

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i finally did it, i probably put a bit to much kalk paste on the rock, i now have a big white patch on the frag rock and on my actual rock itself, but im sure it will be ok. i think i may have accidently killed one zoa since i accidently got some on it, but i think i got the gsp i'll take a pic of the area in a seconed, im hoping coralline will grow on the white patch of kalk paste soon

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Pull it off and send it my way :)

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha the kalk paste or gsp?

10. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

:lol:

If you get any on the corals take a turkey baster and immediately squirt it off of them, that stuff can burn them rather fast.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well, i did my best. my dad was holding the rock out of water and i was trying my best to get the area where the gsp was, i had a lot of paste on my finger so i think thats why so much got rock. my tank needed a calcium dosing anyways :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

looking closer at the frag rock i just barely missed one of the zoa heads. but i dont see anymore gsp :D