Flame in QT stopped eating

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by techno2, Nov 2, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

So my Flame angel has been in QT for a couple months now. He was doing great and I was just waiting for the new tank to get up and running before transferring him. During the last 2-3 weeks he has stopped eating and is now very thin.

I tried some treatment but that did not work, If it is internal parasites, he would need to eat the medicine i suspect so that wont be hapenning.

How long can a fish go without eating before it moves on ?

Thnx

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

what have you tried feeding it?

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

GreenFlake, Red Flake, Brine Shrimp, Plankton, Angel Formula Frozen Cube, Clam, Peas, Mysis Shrimp, and Cyclops.

It just came out of the blue to. He was fat happy and healthy just waiting to go back home. The QT was only used for him and it was fresh.

Thanks

5. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    this is gross but it works,huck a solid loogy in there,if he won't eat that he wont eat anything, i hope he pulls thru

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Maybe chew on some garlic just before doing this to make it more, ummmm, palatable.

What are the params in your QT?

7. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

It is a 10 gallon, I have been doing 50% every two weeks.

Temp 78
    Am - 0
    N2 -0
    N3 - 0
    P4 - 0
    PH - 8.4
    ALK - 2.5

8. Click Here!

9. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

As lovely as that sounds.. He doesnt even come out of hiding when I feed. Somehow I know that a lugi floats.. That just wont even get his attention.

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

One thing you can try is using live food, such as feeder shrimp or ghost shrimp. Most fish can't resist a live meal.

11. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    you better believe he'll come out for that comrade,gross, but extremely effective,give it a shot, you got nothing to lose

12. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Well the little guy didnt make it. Wow, he went about 3 weeks without eating. I would say he was healthy to last that long. So now I know. One Angel per tank..

And no, I never did Hock one up. Havn't really been able to do that since I quit smoking.

Now I will clean out the tank and start over. I think I am going to use my 20 instead. This way I can use my Coralife 24" fixture so its not moused together.

He will be missed.