Fishes dying dont know why help pls

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Teknine, Jan 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. trijam

trijam Coral Banded Shrimp

Well the consensus is what it is, you do have at least four fish in there that shouldn't be in that small a system. That being said they are all beautiful specimens that you apparently care about. They should be taken back to the LFS for future credit or sold off as soon as possible. However there is another alternative it seems you have a fair cashflow based on the fish you've purchased perhaps an upgrade in tank size might be in order. That way you get to keep your critters and learn a very expensive lesson "go slow and let it grow".;)

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

but if your tank is not matured then no matter how many upgrades you make the fish still wont live, as for the anemones they are as good as dead, they are so delicate and in such poor water they cant be brought back most likely

4. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

In both of the videos you have on youtube, there are like 15 total fish I can see. Can you please post a CURRENT stocking list?

And I agree this may be someone messing with us, it's almost too outrageous to believe.

5. Teknine

Teknine Astrea Snail

lol you like my fishes dont you trijam :)

and country 1911 im not messing with you bro im serious lol only reason this happend because my dad messed with the skimmer and it wasnt working right for a couple days till i noticed some fish were not swimming right then i started checking around and found that it was the skimmer every since that this stuff i talked about happen lately but nothing has been dying off like you guys are saying iv even been able to keep my tulips alive to before this everything was perfectly fine even with all the fishes i have i know its kinda alot but i was paying constant attention and i never saw anyone fighting if they did i took it out not like i threw a grip of fish and just let them eat each other up
    if they acted funny or fought i took or didnt look like they enjoyed the tank i took it out asap so every fish u see there look pretty happy to be there if u ask me or should i make a new account and change my name to fish murder haha :) jk

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

OK, I'll ask you. How does a fish look happy to you? They just look like fish to me.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

give the fish to ur LFS to hold or something, and work with your water through water changes or something

8. Click Here!

9. Teknine

Teknine Astrea Snail

ill tell you how bro
    1. if its eating
    2. always active exploring wondering around (if the fish is new to the tank it might not be so active and even hide in rocks give him a few days)
    3. Friendly with its surrounding fish
    4. breathing normally

and i can go on and on for ever so there not just fish bro you can tell a lot by observing there activity fish are very picky in the ocean if the water isnt right for them in the ocean they run away and go somewhere else where its just how they like.. therefore if your water isnt right you will see your fish swimming on the corner swimming really high basicaly trying to find a way out which means they are not happy with where there at

10. Teknine

Teknine Astrea Snail

i found out what it was "saltwater guy" the fish had ich i was doing the water changes what i was doing wrong was not paying attention to how cold the water is when i was which caused the ich :( just one question any idea how long to treat it my sail fin tang has it still

11. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

I'm not going to touch on the tang, or anemone issue but you also have too many clowns, from the video i saw 2 cinnamon clowns, and what looks like a black and white ocellaris and a reg ocellaris. good that theyre both pairs but as they grow they'll fight in a tank that small theyre quite territorial like the damsels

12. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

ich is usually caused by stress, and they are stressed because you are not being responsible and ignoring everything that says tangs should be in nothing less than 75 gallons. you have 4 in a 60 gallon. and then the two butterflys that is unreasonable, take all the fish back sell the tank and start over and do things right. take everything back including the anemones, anemones should be in a tank at least a year old. and i can bet yours isnt. also with that many fish ammonia and nitrates are going to skyrocket and that will kill them for sure. sell everything and start new. or at least take everything in the tank out and back to the lfs.