fish suggestions for 125 gallon- puffer pic

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by chum, Oct 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

currently have a moorish idol, harlequin tusk, and a blue damsel. thinking a potters angel but i have never had one and not looking for anything aggressive or that will fight with my existing fish. here is pic of my layout. thanks for any input.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

what about a school of fish? green chromis come to mind or anthias. I did just get a fish that I can't remember its name - that evidently are known to shoal (school) - it has the coolest coloration. I will get a picture of it. I think a dwarf angel or maybe a smaller type of tang would be nice. I know potter's are very beautiful but I think kind of hard to find.

DSC reef likes this.
  4. oldfishkeeper

what about a school of fish? green chromis come to mind or anthias. I did just get a fish that I can't remember its name = had not seen this fish before- that evidently are known to shoal (school) - it has the coolest coloration. I will get a picture of it. I think a dwarf angel or maybe a smaller type of tang would be nice. I know potter's are very beautiful but I think kind of hard to find.

I don't know that I posted this right, it may be a duplicate picture but it's the fish with yellow stripes - maybe someone knows what it is

Attached Files:

DSC reef likes this.
  5. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

a school of fish would be nice. they would have to be large though. i started out with 3 damsels and my tusk decided to show two of them what the back of his throat looked like. never had anthias and some of their colors are awesome. i am afraid a tang may become aggressive. thanks for the input.

6. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

looks like a neon goby ? i think my tusk would enjoy them to much.

7. oldfishkeeper

it's actually pretty large - it's about 1 1/2 inches long but you're right, the tusk does limit your choices

8. Click Here!

9. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

am going to look into some chromis or anthias on live aquaria. thanks for the input !

10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

How about a purple tang? I tried to keep chromis in a school but they seemed to knock eachother off over time. I have one left out of 4 from the 125 that resides in my spongodes in the reef tank.

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Maybe a neon goby?

12. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

purple tangs have awesome color but i am worried about a tang being territorial. i am afraid that the idol may look to much the same.