Fish Food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by RogerL, Apr 19, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Wrassman doesn't frequent this board very often so I'll offer my $.02 worth.  Zoe and Selcon are vitamins, I remember off the top of my head that Kent makes Zoe.

I mix Zoe in with my mysis and let it soak a few minutes and then add to the tank.  I supplement my vitamins every other day.

HTH

2. Click Here!

3. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

A couple of comments: First I have used both formula one and lifeline I prefer lifeline. If you defrost side by side lifeline is more food less gelatin.
    Second garlic is also an appetite stimulant and I have had experience were too much added to the diet actually confused the fish and they would stop eating all together so use it but don't over use it.
    thirdly I also dose vitamin C to the tankwith nice success.
    I like to add live brine shrimp about once a month my lfs stocks it at the counter in styrofoam cups and I add a baster full a dya till its gone my fish love it!

4. vincent843

vincent843 Plankton

Thanks Craig & Phil. So you make your own food ,too or just by it from the counter. Beside the saving cost , what is the advantage and disadvantage. Thanks.vn

5. Craig Manoukian

I buy frozen mysis and the Kent Zoe from my LFS.

6. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i will also mix my food with vitachem vitamens or garlic

7. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I have been using Cyclop-eeze in both the freeze dried powder and the flake.
    At first the fish had no Idea that the flake was food. But Cyclop-eeze will feed everyone. Fish, corals, inverts. Everyone in the tank goes nuts. As soon as it hits the water my sun coral and my Carnation coral open their polyps. My SPS have outstanding polyp extension.
    My usual feeding regiment is. 5:00pm one cube of either brine shrimp or Emerald entrée (San Fransisco bay) mixed with spiralina flake, or Cyclop-eeze (alternate days). Every other day I sock Cyclop-eeze for 10min and feed my corals using a Turkey baster. Also every two days I add liquid life Phytoplankton.

That's it.

J

8. Click Here!

9. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

thanx guys, yall really answered some food q's i had.

JOE

10. DC5

DC5 Astrea Snail

This might be a stupid question, but would the seafood from the grocery store contain any disease that we don't know of? I mean, we eat them cooked and almost all parasites will be killed so that's okay, but our livestocks are eating them raw... it might be a different story? I dunno...

To those who feed with their homemade "mush", any problems??

11. Craig Manoukian

Not to be a smart aleck DC5, but I haven't heard of any kitchens in the ocean.  The raw protein is what would occur naturally in their diet so not to worry.

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Actually I think that's a legit concern unfortunately.
    For example, I read this past week that the fish farms have to clean up their act as their farm-raised salmon contain 10 times the PCBs of the wild ones or something like that.

Not sure what the short-term solution is, but it makes you think. [smiley=worried.gif]