Resolved Fish dying, HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by davidkaleko, Oct 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Glad to hear it's doing somewhat better, hope it keeps getting better.

2. Click Here!

3. artspeaker

artspeaker Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

There is no problem using Para Guard in your community tank with other fish. Unlike most other products one dose took care of my problem, but the label does say you can "repeat daily as required as long as fish show no stress."

During the summer my tank is often up to 80 degrees and my wrasse has never had a problem with the temperature.

4. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I'm not sure if paraguard is reef safe. I haven't researched it. I'd be reluctant to add anything that will prevent you from going to a reef setup later (Maybe you have a reef now, not sure). I'm still more in favor of treating fish individually. Fill a bucket with tank water dose with copper or paraguard and aerate. Add the fish for the prescribed time and return to the tank. Should be much less stressful than the FW dip. However, you didn't have a choice last night since the stores were closed. I think without the FW dip it wouldn't have survived the night.

5. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

This i normal for any fairy wrasse that is sleeping. They excrete the "webbing" to mask presence from fish that hunt at night.

6. davidkaleko

davidkaleko Flamingo Tongue

Wow that's awesome. He's doing much better now! I'm off to the store to buy some aminoacids/vitamin mix that I can soak his brine in.

I'm buying the para-guard online from marinedepot. Since I'm already paying shipping, do you guys have suggestions for anything I could use? I have FW water tests, don't need any heavy duty equipment... I could definitely use a refractometer, but I'm checking craigslist/ebay daily for a cheap one.

1 person likes this.
  7. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

good to hear hes doing better, from what i saw hes a beautiful fish.

you might also want to start soaking ur food in garlic to boost their immune system. Idk if any one else suggested this i didnt look.

8. Click Here!

9. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

From the Seachem site:
    Q: Is ParaGuard™ safe for use in marine reef tanks with invertebrates and soft corals?
    A: We do not sell or market ParaGuard as invert safe because it would be impossible to test it with every available invert under every potential water parameter. We have had people use it with invertabrates with no problems, but we have also had people encounter problems. If you decide to use it we stress caution; dose at 1/4 to 1/2 dose and observe how your inverts and soft corals react. If they seem to tolerate the dosing, increase slowly up to no more than the prescribed dose as long as they are tolerating it. If you need to get rid of the ParaGuard™ quickly, just turn your skimmer back on.
    So, who knows what else may happen.
    Marine-Max (all natural) would have been the better choice.

10. kip3

kip3 Astrea Snail

Awe sorry about your fish- Clown fairy wrasses are beautiful. Hope it pulls through.