fish cave/movie room build thread

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by chum, Mar 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thanks for all the comments, i am worried about the winter storm we are about to get. if we lose power i may lose everything. i should have gotten a generator as backup. fingers crossed and praying to the fish gods !

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

computer battery back up will keep 12v pumps running

4. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

computer battery back up will keep 12v pumps running

5. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thank you, i do have those. i am worried about the water temp. its 25f with strong winds. so far so good.

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Nice video, and good luck with the storm.

7. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thank you, this storm is a monster but we still have power so far.

8. Click Here!

9. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

just saw a 4" harlequin bass at the llfs. great looking fish. thinking about adding this to my 125 gallon. still have my harlequin tusk, blue throat trigger, and moorish idol. i all 6" long. also have a 3" toby puffer. any reason this would be a bad addition ?

10. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

holding off on the bass for now. just finished adding live rock to replace the fake inserts. used 50 lbs of cured reel reef rock and 50 or 60 lbs of cured fiji rock i had. the fish like the rock a lot better.

Attached Files:

11. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

hello everyone, its been some time since i posted on here. the tank is still up and running but not like i would like it to be. i had set this up to be a fish only system but my filtration has not been able to keep up. my wife has finally decided i can drill through the drywall and set up a rubbermaid stock tank. i am probably going to use a 100 gallon and run my skimmer and algae turf skimmer as well as reactors. here are some pics my current filtration on the left with my auto top off tank on the right. i am in the process of tearing out my work bench for the new sump. thinking about bulk heads in the dry wall to run the hoses through. please post any inputs you may have. IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7146.JPG IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7146.JPG

12. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

finally got the work bench removed and getting electric redone on tuesday. was going to wait on the sump till next weekend but tractor supply was having a sale till tueday. got $30 off the 150 gallon. wife said it is to big. i never heard her say that before ! IMG_7149.JPG