fish cave/movie room build thread

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by chum, Mar 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

You guys got it all wrong.Its no wife happy life lol.

chum likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Moulton712

Moulton712 Plankton

Nice setup! Yeah... Happy wife happier life, but way more work.

chum likes this.
  4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

after several months of having living color inserts i have decided to go back to live rock. my fish really have no where to hide and always seem to just dart around the tank looking for a place to hide. i am breaking down my 55 gallon so i am using existing fiji rock i have. i still have a large piece left to put in. then a i am going to break down my 66 gallon corner which has about 50 or 60 pounds of fiji that i can also add. may to but some more but a am going to wait and see how it turns out. here a is pic so far.

Attached Files:

5. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

changed the rock again. i am going to go 3 high so i can have more caves and hiding places.

Attached Files:

6. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

[/QUOTE]
    I'm a lady and it seems as though she's a bit too controlling ) it's your house too after all (sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I hear this stuff from coworkers & such and also hear all the stuff they get/get away with and it's annoying.. seems like they want everything thier way and to give nothing back. Makes me wonder how they managed to get or keep the guy ). You're relegating your tank to the basement as it is, in a room she'll likely not be in much, she has the whole rest of the house, this is kinda your man cave (ie 1 room in the house that's kinda more yours , yeah it's the family movie room but really who's gonna use it more).

The fish room will make maintenance easier, quicker & cleaner....less smell when cleaning the skimmer... more clean in the DT room (no spills on the new carpet as any would be contained in the fish room).
    I'm sure she got stuff you didn't want, has hobbies that cost money too this is yours.

Holes in the wall are easy to fix.

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if she'd put up with that.
    You get your tank the way you want & if it's a money issue set a budget for it.

Rant over.... LOL

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    chum likes this.
  7. Stovebolt-V8

Stovebolt-V8 Feather Duster

I'm a lady and it seems as though she's a bit too controlling ) it's your house too after all (sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I hear this stuff from coworkers & such and also hear all the stuff they get/get away with and it's annoying.. seems like they want everything thier way and to give nothing back. Makes me wonder how they managed to get or keep the guy ). You're relegating your tank to the basement as it is, in a room she'll likely not be in much, she has the whole rest of the house, this is kinda your man cave (ie 1 room in the house that's kinda more yours , yeah it's the family movie room but really who's gonna use it more).

The fish room will make maintenance easier, quicker & cleaner....less smell when cleaning the skimmer... more clean in the DT room (no spills on the new carpet as any would be contained in the fish room).
    I'm sure she got stuff you didn't want, has hobbies that cost money too this is yours.

Holes in the wall are easy to fix.

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if she'd put up with that.
    You get your tank the way you want & if it's a money issue set a budget for it.

Rant over.... LOL[/QUOTE]

LOVE your attitude! Are you available? :)

SkyFire likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Stovebolt-V8

CHUM, Your tanks are looking great! As long as the fish are happy :)

chum likes this.
  10. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

LOVE your attitude! Are you available? :)[/QUOTE]
    Thanks.
    I figured one could tell I'm single.
    I've had to have one of my earpieces out wile.
    listening to my morning talk show & music because I've had to cover the phones too so have been hearing their complaining......

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  11. Stovebolt-V8

LOL!! Don't let those phones get in the way of the talk shows! :D

12. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Talk radio, Armstrong & Getty to be exact, a lot of common sense political stuff, & they're funny.

I do hope the OP can get his fish room, really the,argument about containing spills to it is,a good one and a hole in the wall is an easier & cheaper repair than new carpet & padding.

chum likes this.