fish behaivour

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Guest, Jan 20, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

does anyone have any fish that think its funny to play dead

i have a blue tang (new) that thinks its a great joke to lay on his side or upside down and give me a heart attack.
    from wat ive been told its normal
    i also have clowns that sleep vertically an a chromis that swims backwards more than fowards :eek: :eek:

[smiley=afro.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Sounds like you got some CRAZY fish! wat kind of clowns are they? have u noticed anything wrong with them, like spots or anything? Hope they're OK!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

their occelleris clowns
    theres nuthin worng with em, no spots
    there just weird

must be somethin in my water ;)

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

there just weird
    my clowns were sleepin in the top left corner of the tank whenn i turned the lights theyd go vertical. one would sleep nose up the other nose down now i got a flowerpot coral that they attached to they lay down in it on there sides like you would lay in your bed. and my one big chromis has a spot in the rocks that it sleeps sideways

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Its normal for all mentioned fish to do all mentioned things. Angels, Triggers, Tangs, Rabbitfish, Butterfly's and other like bodied fish "lay down" trying to basicly hide. They're also hard shippers and do this more so after arrival. Can't tell you why others do what they do, but I see hundreads of fish and most mentioned above, do that very thing @ my facility.