FIRST time fragger

Discussion in 'Frags' started by REDMANS CUBE, Sep 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

so i just fragged my first coral. star polyps. i used chunks that i ripped off the mother colony. (i did this while the coral was still in the tank) the pieces that i managed to ripp off are rather small (less than the size of a finger nail) but they attached to the pieces of base rock i had perpared very easily. the polyps on the frags are already opening up. so things are looking good. are there n e issuses that i should be aware off? once the frags spread can i frag the frags? how long should i let them grow out before i attempt this?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Congrat's! Its fun and addicting, isn't it!
    Pic's or it didnt happen! ;)

GSP's were our first frags over here. I have fraged off of my own frags a few times with no ill affects.
    About the only thing I would suggest is trying to frag a bigger peice. And using a decent pair of scissor's to cut the mat instead of just tearing it, you'll minimize potential damage that way. Make sure to wash what-ever utensil you use to make the cuts really well after your done.
    Have fun!

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

there are several dips you can use to help the coral heal,and for the frag to start growing. I first, and only frag so far was a Zoa, doing really well now.

5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

thats awsome to hear, i used to be really carefull about fragging stars also, but then soon realized they grew so fast i just started rippen pieces off and giving them away, i dont reccommend this but it works for me :)