First tank&First LR

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by ml150819, Nov 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ml150819

ml150819 Plankton

Hello everyone so this is my first offically post :) I'm sorry if i ask lots of newbie question im new to this. i have a basic understanding of a saltwater setup from my dad. But other than that, thats it haha. So bare with me

Ok so i have a 35litre biube, Set up two days ago. Just put my forst 3 pieces of live rock in. All going great. Woke up this morning and i can see all sorts sprouting out of the rocks. I know that thousands of little creatures live in these rocks but i just wanted to upload of a few photos to show you all. So i get a better understanding what im looking at =)

So in the first photo. I'm not sure if you can spot it but it has long legs abit like a mini version of a star fish. Only its legs are sticking out.

Another thing i found this morning, i didnt manage to get a photo because my camera is awful but its tiny its has a small base and the face of it is a shape of a like a flower bud. And then it has ever so tiny little hairs coming off it.

Im sorry i couldnt decibe it anymore. but i will try and get more photos.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

4. ml150819

ml150819 Plankton

Ahhh ok thank you =)

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Feel free to ask for ID anytime, but it's always nice to have those links to fall back on in the middle of the night when you are staring at your tank with a flash light wondering how all those weird life forms got in your tank.

6. ml150819

ml150819 Plankton

I was just looking up the brittle star fish on the first link. I will be saving them in my favourites. I am really excited to see what else comes from the rocks :)

Jut found out that the other little creature i found was a barnacle.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012