first dip ever and on a powder brown tang

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by gizmonemo, Mar 31, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gizmonemo

gizmonemo Plankton

I just completed my first ever net and dip for white spot on a brown tang. Definitely very disconcerting when the fish curls up and freezes in the bottom of the ro water bucket. What is the longest 3 mins in the world...do your first ever freshwater dp on your favorite tang.

I motivated him to swim a few times whle in the bucket and he seems fine so far back in the tank....spot free!!!

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Keep us updated. Your first time experience could help alot of people looking to do,or, not do a freshwater dip.

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Did one on my blue hippo tang before I knew any better. Tangster would tell you if they white spot is ick, the FW will just stress him out more and may make the ick worse after you put the (freaked out) tang back in the tank, but who knows - it may help. The only thing that worked for ick on my tang was a week in coppersafe in a qt tank, and still waiting to see the long term results of that. But so far so good. Best of luck with your little brown friend.