First 90 g tanks for saltwater fish and corals

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Dolly, Apr 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dolly

Dolly Plankton

i never have a saltwater tank before. i just order my 90g overflow tanks, it will arrive in a few days, i would like to know what is the best equipments should have in it? what brand? so i could start shopping them. really need you guys opinions. my dream tank is counting on you. thanks

beside the sump, return pump, Skimmer, 48" light fixture, Heater, sand and live rock, salt, what do i need more to set up and maintain this tank? ^^: please help give me some advices.....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. PackerFan12

PackerFan12 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

You need something for flow so I would recommend either koralia pumps or a wave maker. It comes down to how you want to your tank to look with the pump on. Also you will need a bucket and siphon for cleaning. goto home depot and get a 5 gallon bucket and some clear hose. thats about it i think.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

This hobby requires a lot of patience and knowledge. Ask as many questions before you setup your tank and read as much as you can about livestock, the cycle, chemistry and corals. As for equipment, some brands I like are:

Protein skimmer: Precision Marine, AquaC and Octopus
    Lighting: MH - Icecap, Sunlight Supply, Lumatek
    T5: Sunlight Supply Tek fixture, ATI, Icecap for retro kits
    Powerheads: Vortech, Korlia, Maxi Jet
    Return Pumps: I've always used Rio, but others are probably better IMO

This is just a short list and the equipment you get really depends on you budget.