Fins giong away??

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by steelhead, Nov 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steelhead

steelhead Astrea Snail

I have a Sailfin Tang and about six weeks ago the fins had what looked like small round circles that were transparent and now the fins in those areas are just going away. All the other fishes fins are fine, it shows no signs of stress heck he eats out of my hand, any ideas??

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

the fist reaction is water quality but with the other fish being OK that would be hard to believe. I've know others who have had similar issues with just 1 tang having fin issues.

unfortunately the other person who I know with this issue ended up loosing a lot of his fish. We have never been able to figure out what happened.
    you might want to get the fish in a Q tank and treat

J

4. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Are you supplementing your Sailfin Tang's diet with seaweed sheets daily? Have you tried soaking your fish food in vitamins? Seeing that your Sailfin has only been in the aquarium for six weeks, is he getting picked on by any of your other fish? I would recommend more smaller feedings throughout the day. Otherwise if the condition gets worse, you may need to quarantine and treat as Jason had suggested.

Dan

5. steelhead

steelhead Astrea Snail

He has been in the tank for maybe a year, the fins just started doing this six weeks ago.;)

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Is there a Puffer in the tank??:confused:

7. steelhead

steelhead Astrea Snail

No Puffer and I have not seen any other fish bother him. Could something at nigth be doing this?