Fine tuning

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by cody3819, Apr 7, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Okay 3reef friends, I have been having a LED fixture for a few months.... It's the AI prime and it sits over a rimless 29 biocube.... I have a few zoa/poly frags, a couple ricordias, a green finger leather, a few mushrooms and two anemones (RBT & mini-maxi). My light cycle is a total of 9 hours. The cycle starts at 16% 20k and ramps up to 82% at 15k. I'm slowly going to 85%, reason being is my BTA reaches up, almost stretching upwards. And then it will ramp down back to 16% at 20k . I have the occasional algea in my sand bed, and I just lowered the kelvin to 15k from 15.5k. It only stays at 82% 15k for about 20min.... I would like some help in fine tunning my lighting. I have been in this hobby for around a year, but I'm even newer to LED's. Thanks for your help.

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

What more would you like out of it? I have the prime as well but mine is over a 3.5gal pico so my power only gets to about 50% max. Mine ramps up over a 1hr period and dims over an hour as well. I also increased the UV output comparatively as I like the pop in color that it gives. Have you played with the storm or lunar options?

cody3819 likes this.
  4. cody3819

Yes, I have.... I have them both on.... I want someones input to see what people suggest.... Like I was saying im just very new to LED's. What is you uv up to?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

My UV maxes out at 75%.

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

At max, my lights are actually brighter than I thought. My settings are 74 UV, 63 V, 63 DB, 72 B, 55 G, 45 DR, and 35 CW. They are at that setting from 10am to 6pm each day with a 20% chance of storms from 12-1pm.

7. cody3819

Oh I didn't know that you can set a time period for storms.... See, that's what I'm after lol..... Trying to learn the fixture better. I love it! Just want to know what it's all capable of.... I see them over tanks making colors pop and I'm like.... Man what I'm doing wrong. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk