Finally i got pictures for you all!!!!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Avidreefer, Oct 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Avidreefer

Avidreefer Plankton

When i introduced my self i was in the process if setting up a larger tank so i got lots of pictures. And i apologize for taking so long.
    [​IMG]This is my original set up with a 60g display and a 20g sump/fuge with 2x 65watt actinics and 2x 65watt dual daylights.
    [​IMG]This is my old sump and fuge.
    [​IMG] This is my old set up with my metal halides 2x250watt ushio 10k's with the actinic pc's. I built the hood and it is suspended from the ceiling.
    [​IMG]The new tank stand and that is my maine coon also named tank :)
    [​IMG] Masked off the tank so i could spray the back with blue paint
    [​IMG] Waiting for the paint to finish drying
    [​IMG] I brought the new 90g tank inside( i pulled this thing up 3 flights of stairs by my self and lifted it onto the tank stand on my own... never doing that again. I also moved the halides partially out of the way.
    [​IMG] I took out all the live rock and dumped it into a trash can full of new and clean tank water. You may be wondering about the pvc pipe running across the shot. Look at the following pictures
    [​IMG] Pardon the mess but im sure you guys understand. The pvc pipe runs to my kitchen sink and there is a power head pumping water in to sink.
    [​IMG] There you can see the water flowing into the sink. It works well!!!
    [​IMG] Thats all the live rock and the dust pan is brand new.. i used it to scoop out the sand.
    [​IMG]Got the old tank out of the way now i have to slide the new 1 in place.
    [​IMG]Started filling the tank and adding the rock.
    [​IMG] Tank is filled and rock is in... Now i have to clean the old 60g to put in baffles to get it setup for the sump/fuge.
    [​IMG] The blue spray paint on the back worked out really well :)
    [​IMG] The old 60g with the baffles in and the tape was to keep em from sliding while the silicon was drying
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]The fuge/sump under the stand and i bin of corals and fish that are waiting for their home... im thinking they are a little pissed off for me ripping them out and dumping them in there while i broke down there tank.
    [​IMG] Inhabitants are back in and the light is back in place. But i goofed and didnt line the tank and stand up witht the light and no they are off center so i have to remount the hood farther to the right.
    [​IMG]You can see tha cables supporting the hood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Left side of the sump and i havent added the live sand to the fuge yet. you can see my peice of crap skimmer but it works alright and the return line is behind it.
    [​IMG] The right side of the sump

[​IMG]This phot was actually taken today and i will put a couple of pictures in of what i have in there but i dont have all the pictures because my camera battery died.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Both of these guys moved off this rock to "happier" spots i guess and i know a current didnt blow them off because they are in a spot of minimal flow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

nice setup!! that must have taken a while to upload all those photos, karma to you

4. Avidreefer

Avidreefer Plankton

yeah it did take a while and ty for the karma :)

I also have larger images i can post if anyone wants close ups and a have few more pics of the stuff in the tank that i will post in a little bit

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

6. Avidreefer

Avidreefer Plankton

First off i got a pm asking about the plumbing so i will show some pics and then more picks of the stuff in the tank... YAY
    [​IMG]
    Part of it is a little hard to see but it is a typical hang on over flow (wish i got a drilled tank but it was like 100 bucks less after ya add in the overflow kit. It uses 1" pvc and dumps into the sump
    [​IMG]
    You can see the valve.. this is before i added the flter media and also just so you know those wires arent as close to the tank as they look ::). Also some advice is if you can use 45 degrees elbows instead of 90's because they dont restrict flow as much
    [​IMG]
    Water goes through the fuge( it may seem that there is too much flow over the fuge and actually there is but because of the depth of it the water at the bottom neer the live rock and macro has relativly minimal water flow) and thin goes up some flexible 3/4" tubing and then connects to 3/4 pvc and there is a valve.
    [​IMG]
    After the valve its just a strait peice of 3/4pvc and then i made a manifold to dispurse the water around the tank. It doesnt have alot of pressure because i havent put any nozels on it yet but it still moves things fairly well
    [​IMG]
    You can see the rest of the manifold and the top of the hang on over flow. I cut a peice of acrylic to put ontop of the overflow and it has made a huge reduction in the amount of noise coming from it.

NOW THE CRITTERS
    [​IMG]
    These are the two ricordias that moved on there own to a "happier" local
    [​IMG]
    This is actually a shot from the old tank but now they are in the new 1
    [​IMG]
    Birdsnest and its growing like a weed... you can see the white tips
    [​IMG]
    Thats mandy :)
    [​IMG]
    Star polyps and pulsing xenia... this is some of the most active xenia i have ever seen... just constantly pumping like crazy
    [​IMG]
    My yellow gorgonian with all his polyps out... this thing is doing very well.. and has grown a fair bit since i first got him.
    [​IMG]
    1 of 3 chromis. sry about the salt smeers on the glass

7. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Looks great!
    Could you upload the first picture a little bit bigger. To get a general idea of the tank.
    Love the yellow gorgonia, How long have you had it?

Thanks

8. Click Here!

9. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

nice Seriatopora guttatus i have one roughly the same size.

10. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Had to google that up ;D

11. SGT. Reefer

SGT. Reefer Plankton

Excellent work! :2thumbsup

12. Avidreefer

Avidreefer Plankton

That first pic is of the old set up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and that is as wide of a shot as i can get