Feeding question?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by fezzz, May 9, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fezzz

fezzz Flamingo Tongue

hi people, might seem a silly question but hey here goes, I've been feeding my 2 clowns frozen brine shrimp, squirting them into the tank mid level with a baster kinda thing, they gobble everything up quick smart. Problem being I just added a red coris wrasse which I read need frequent feeding, but he doesn't know to come up and get stuck in with the clowns and seems to miss out, I've tried squirting the shrimp right near him but he hides in a cave and misses his meal.
    He seems to pick stuff off the live rock all the time, taking bites and spiting bits back out. But this can't be satisfying his needs!
    What to do?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

have you tried all kinds of different foods for him?

4. lotsnlotsoffish

lotsnlotsoffish Plankton

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

ive got a carpenters wrasse. took him a couple days to join in the buffet , but he did eventually. give it time and all should be good. patience my friend

6. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i would second what divott said. my sixline took a while to get used to the tank. he was really finicky afterward. how long have you had him?

7. fezzz

fezzz Flamingo Tongue

He's been in there for about 4 days, he came out and got a small amount food today, clowns still gobbled majority but he did come and get involved(just slightly too late for any real amount of food) hopefully good signs and in a couple more days he'll be right into it.
    Only problem is he disappears about 3pm and once I go back to work I won't be gettin home till 4pm so thinkin he might miss out again.

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

wrasses seem to be a bit offside at times. mine almost seems shy when i put mysis in. but he does get his share. can you put your brine in , and then put a bit where the wrasse might eat in comfort? almost like a target feed.

10. fezzz

fezzz Flamingo Tongue

I have tried that but he just hides in amongst the rocks when I go too close to the tank.. Even if I squirt right near where he is it still seems too scared to come get it, he seems to be slowly gettin more confident, if it's still no good in a few more days I'll repost on here. I'm also going to my lfs tomorrow to get a more varied diet. None of my fish seem to like pellets, so gonna buy flake, mysis.. Any other suggestions?

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Nope, not here. It's been covered so far as I can see. Just time will tell. I didn't see my first RCW for about a week when I put it in. Then he was alllllll over the place. Too bad he died. I really liked that fishy.

12. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I started out feeding flake food and had a few finicky fish (six line wrasse, coral beauty). I switched to the frozen Rod's Food and they all went nuts over that stuff. The corals like it too!

1 person likes this.