Feeding a Goby/Pistol Shrimp

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by LiveBait58, Apr 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LiveBait58

LiveBait58 Astrea Snail

So for those of you who have or have had a goby/shrimp combo...... how do I make sure they get food before all the other fish eat it up? I know where their rock is located, but I haven't seen the goby come out since I bought them 5 days ago and am wondering if it's eating. All the other guys are eating brine cubes.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I would go with mysis shrimp over the brine. Gobies and pistols can be very shy about eating but seem to get enough. I target feed by the burrow with a turkey baster. After a little while they get the idea.

4. tattooedsoul87

tattooedsoul87 Coral Banded Shrimp

I feed mine mysis shrimp. I use a turkey baster and now when the tip of the turkey baster gets infront of their hole the shrimp runs out and grabs the tip with his claw and reaches up the tube untill he can grab the piece of shrimp

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I do the same as above. I use rods fish food though. Mix it with tank water and feed with a baster near there cave.

6. Reefs not Refs

Reefs not Refs Bristle Worm

Mine are always hiding as well. Now after i moved my rocks around i have no clue what rock he is in.

7. LiveBait58

LiveBait58 Astrea Snail

Well alrighty then. This will be simple since i already have a turkey baster that I use to fill my scorpion's water bowl. Thanks everyone!