Feather Duster and Queen Conch

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by RogerL, Apr 12, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RogerL

RogerL Fire Worm

hi all. i purchased a feather duster and queen conch the other day. any suggestions on if i need to feed them extra food? every where i read or people i talk to have told me that they don't need any food except that which they can salvage from the feedings of the other fish. is this true? thought i should ask you guys just to double check [smiley=hehe.gif] so far they are both a lot of fun to watch.

2nd question; can someone please tell me exactly what and how many of each cleaneing critter i should add to my tank? i have gotten many great responses from you all on this subject, but i would love a definitive list for the 90g FOWLR. only critters that are fish and invert safe are welcome in ma tank! [smiley=policeman.gif] thanks!!!!

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i have some fighting conchs that seem to constantly vacumm the sand. im not sure about the queen conchs but keep in mind they get really huge so there feeding may be different.

i would say some snails trouchus, nassarious, turbos, stomatellas
    a pair or 2 of shrimp maby cleaners, blood shrimp
    emerald crab
    if u perfer maby some hermits
    if you can grab a couple some spagetti worms and or mini brittle stars but they do multiply fast. any food left on the bottom or rock these things scavage up so fast nothings left

thats what i got pretty much in my tank except the hermits