fatality...

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mastamind360, Jan 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

ok so its a little late to talk about cures as he died this morning, but can someone explain to me how a powder blue tang could be healthy and happy as a clam one day, look like death that night, and be dead in the morning. i had a pb tang in my tank and he was active nicely colored and eating like a champ. no spots nothing to worry about. i went out for an evening and when i came back the next morning his eyes looked sickly and his skin looked like it was peeling off. he was also in respetory distress. he was dead this morning when i got up. now it seems my saddle puffer is coming down w the same mysterious disease the tang had. i think its bacterial, but am not sure. i put him in qt and treated the water w an antibacterial medication... I HATE TANGS THEY CONSTANTLY RUIN MY FISHY LIFE

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Sorry for your loss man, I'm not sure of the cause. I lost a fish last week, it's disheartening.. again sorry!

4. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

yeah tell me about it ... i never have any luck w tangs im a jinx

5. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    i dont think that is unusually quick for a fish to die really, the real question is why? how long have you had him etc., is the puffer a new addition? what else is in there? i haven't found tangs to be any more difficult than anything else.you just have to select the right ones at the store,any sign of stress or a hostile disposition at all means don't take them home. acclimation needs to be done properly also,no cutting corners{not saying you do}
    this is a shot in the dark here but when walking around in your home does the tank shake or vibrate at all, do the fish always know you're coming well before you get near the tank? i have a theory about this being a major problem for more skittish fish and new introductions.
    is there stray current in the tank?
    what is your temp at? i shoot for 79 degrees myself
    salinity?
    theres a million ?'s and your trouble with tangs could be a combo of alot of them or one small thing, or you could be doing everything right and just have a nasty disease in there that needs to be allowed to run its course and die out. hard to really say without more info.