Fairy Wrasse ID

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Phocidae, Feb 16, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Phocidae

Phocidae Astrea Snail

Hi eveyone! I have a new fairy wrasse that I would love a second opinion on.
    He was shipped to my LFS as an Exqusite, which seemed wrong to the store owner. He wasn't sure what species it is, but was thinking maybe a katherine. I'm actually wondering if maybe he's a bluestripe (Cirrhilabrus temminckii). I waited until he went in the DT since the lights are better, but he had just gone in, so the colors may be a bit dull still.

What does everyone think?

(Sorry about the bad cellphone pictures and the debris- my sleeper goby thought it was a good time to make a mess.)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Cirrhilabrus temminckii

Vinnyboombatz and Phocidae like this.
  4. Phocidae

Phocidae Astrea Snail

Great! Thank you so much!

5. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I have looked at hundreds of pictures of wrasses trying to see if i could ID it and had no luck but i agree with above after looking at it.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

evolved - my leopard wrasse has some whitish splotches on both sides of its body. At first, I thought it was a scrape or something from the rocks but it seems to be getting worse. He still swims and eats and otherwise acts normal. Do you know what could be wrong?