Facebook?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Zgetman, Jun 28, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

I was wondering how many of you use facebook on a daily basis? I also wondered if any of you would use it for reef information, questions, and just to talk about reef tanks in general? The reason for me asking this is, I want to start a reef enthusiast community that would have people that know how to give information on reef aquariums, the systems, equipment, and other areas of the hobby. I know this is something that can not be built over night and that it will take cooperation from many different individuals.

I want to make it perfectly clear now. I am not looking at taking the place of 3reef.com, just enhancing the experience for those that use facebook more then the forums.

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

My local club has a page, as do my LFSs. Have you checked to see if you have a local club and page?

4. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I am sure there is already something like this n there.
    Facebook should be called "faceless book" its a horrible and lonely place, 3 reef is a wonderful community and we are all family.

"reef junkies"

5. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

I am looking for a combined effort from people around the world. I live in such a rural area that my nearest LFS is 50 miles away and the only reef club around is also that far and neither of them use Facebook.

I am asking my friends here at 3reef first to get a general census of people willing to help with this project. If there is not a big enough backing then I will not do it.

6. Singlefin

Singlefin Astrea Snail

There's a bunch on there. Search reefers or reef. If you need a pic fix, you can get on Instagram.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

8. Click Here!

9. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Yes there is already a ton of pages. I am a member of most of the ones for MO & AR. As well as a couple internet wide ones. Down side is my local club sticks to forums, they have a page but its seen few updates this year. Why bring it up? Cause I have bought 2 tanks and sold 2 tanks and nobody even heard of the club. Social media (or lack of) gets the word out.

10. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I am not on facebook. It's kind of a purposeful thing in my case because of my profession.

11. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Are you a secret agent ?