Eye Splinters, Pregnant Woman and Seizures.... interesting night.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by NASAGeek, Aug 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

My son is a freshman in high school. Last night was his first game as a tuba player in the marching band. Of course, they ask for parent volunteers. They asked me to be the "Safety Guy".... First Aid and such....

Well, I agreed.... because after all... BAND IS NOT A CONTACT SPORT... afterall, what could possibly go wrong??? ::)

It's hot... so the kid that didn't drink enough water didn't surprise me.

The kid that got a knot on his head loading the trailer... well, kids are stupid (sorry kids)... and stuff happens... handed him an ice pack and told him to take some Advil when he got home... no big deal...

I never did figure out exactly how the kid that got a wood splinter IN HIS EYE managed that at a football game....

Still no big deal....

When the woman 6 months pregnant started complaining that she was feeling faint and couldn't see.... okay, didn't expect that one.... she too was over heated. Trying to cool her off... I walked up to some random person in the crowd and said, "Hi... have a pregnant woman that is overheated and I need a car with A/C....." The guy's wife elbowed him and he jumped up and got me his car no questions asks. There ARE good people in the world. We ended up pulling a doctor out of the crowd and transporting her.

Okay... eventful evening... and I thought it would be boring and that I could watch the game...

THEN... on the bus ride home, this girl on the bus had this "asthma seizure" is the best I can describe it. She was hyperventilating involuntarily and couldn't stop. We stopped the busses and everyone just looked at me wondering what to do... Long story short... turns out she had this condition when her body doesn't have enough salt in it that she has these "events"... I got her laid down and basically (skipping parts of the story) calmed her down and got some Gatorade in her (once she could breath again).

HOLY COW! :eek::eek:

and I thought "What could possibly happen in a band at a football game?" I guess I jinxed myself. The pregnant lady's husband and the mom of the poor girl were very thankful afterwards which was nice.

BUSY evening...

M

2. Click Here!

3. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

You going to volunteer again next game?

4. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

Man....who would think?

Plus....dont the people that live in TX know its hot? Dont they look at weather forecasts...maybe not because it probably says the same thing everyday....HOT.

Drink water....duh...and pregnant women should not be in the heat that long anyway!

5. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

this happens when people try to leave the ac in the summer in Texas. We live indoors in the summer for the most part. ;D

6. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

FREASHYYYY lol

looks like dad saved the day

7. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Don't know about "saving the day" but it certainly wasn't boring....

M

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

people sure don't make sense some times.

But wow, talk about busy..