Urgent Extremely cloudy tank, fish dying.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by iheaps, Jul 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iheaps

iheaps Plankton

Water quality is much better now. The carbon filters are covered in crud and will be replacing them shortly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Went to the LFS and noticed that one of the chromis in their tanks (where I bought mine) had the same red sore developing on it. So I grab the worker and ask what it is. She says it's partly stress but most likely a fungus, so she points me to a bottle of Rid Fungus. I buy it then research it on the internet. It describes how types of fungus will get into the fish's gills and cause them to asphyxiate because they aren't getting enough O2. It also talks about the same red sores I see on my fish. So hopefully this stuff will help out with my fish and I can move on to making the tank look better. Thanks again everyone.

2. Click Here!

3. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

Wow the tank is looking a lot better! You may want to increase your flow maybe add a powerhead or two. I have 4 in my 75 gallon (various sizes) and a Mag 7 return pump in my sump. I have an Aqua C 180 skimmer so I am getting a lot of movement and oxygen getting into the water. If you are keeping your windows closed that can kill the O2 levels in your tank. Maybe even point a powerhead to the top of the water so you get some good surface agitation that promotes the Oxygen. Good luck