Experiences with jebao wavemakers?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by nanomania, May 2, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Any experiences with jebao wavemakers?
    Which would i need for a 25 fowlr with jus a gbta and a pair of clowns?

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. Click Here!

3. jeffp1

jeffp1 Plankton

I put a WP-25 in my 90 gallon about 2 month's ago and it works great. Other than return pump flow, that is all I have in the tank now. Took the other powerheads out and so far things are great. I am not even running at highest setting either.

4. nanomania

So wp10 wud be enough?

5. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

6. jeffp1

jeffp1 Plankton

I dont see why you would need anything bigger than a WP 10. If money is no issue the RW series would be the way to go. JMO

7. nanomania

Well iv never tried jebao, so was planning to start with the cheapest thts wp10... and its compatible with the a 25g tank, 28x15x15"

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The WP-10 is a good choice. I have two WP-25s in a 5 foot 100G and they can move sand at the far ends so probably way too much for a 25G even turned down low. That plus they are pretty big physically and would look pretty ugly in such a small tank..

10. nanomania

Well im mostly going for bare bottom... coz these pumps can easily blow the sand and i dont want that... well i guess ill go for rw4 since it has speed settings and liked the shape too... not much difference between rw4 and wp10

11. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I have a pair of WP40 in my 66 gallon tank. the ONLY reason I have them is because they came from my 180. I never could run them wide open on the 180. they were too strong. I run them at a 30% max with a 3 second alternating pulse (controlled by my Archon and APC). I have them on the back wall pointed frontward. I dont want a wave action just good circulation and they do a heck of a good job of that. I could realisticaly go with a pair of 25 or 10's and be able to run them higher but heck. i had these. I am setting up a 25 gallon Solana now and bought a WP10 for it. it is PLENTY for that tank. FWIW, my tank is barebottom and they sweep the nasties to a single corner.

12. nanomania