Evil Parisite Won :(

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Birchell, Feb 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well this morning when I woke up, I had two died fish!! Ill give you one guess what one was, the majestic angel!! The other one got me by suprize. My neon dottyback. None of the other fish look bad, and none have spots. This really sucks!!!!! This makes me want to just tear the whole thing down. Ill just make it a coral only tank when my light comes in. I dont know what else to say, im just really struck down with this one :( .

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Shake it off, this will just be something you learn from. You don't want to tear down the tank, just take your time and find out what happen and work to prevent it next time.
    Hang in there Birchell!

4. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Birchell, what was the problem? I understand how you feel. It is sooooo frustrating when you spend so much time on something, work real hard and yet you don't get anywhere with it.

I have felt the same with my nitrate problem, I am so worried to come home to more problems and I have debated giving up the hobby because of the stress.

Don't give up birchell.

5. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

This is the game of the trade birchell! Hold your head up high, try to isolate the problem and fix it. Tearing the tank down = quiting, you dont wanna do that!!

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well this parisite will stay in the tank forever. It is velvet, and will attack the gills of the fish, and slowly eat the fish alive. They liquify the fleash and eat it!! Sounds really bad hu... Ill just see what happens and wait like a year before I get a new fish.....

1 person likes this.
  7. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

I didnt mean tear it down and forget about it, im saying to tear it down and start over. Ill have to boil all the rocks, and such. Thats for the support guys!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Sorry to hear about your fish!!! It is never easy no matter how someone or something dies!
    Keep your head up and move on!!!You will have many more good days that will out number the bad!!

10. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I feel your pain. I am treating similar conditions and the out look of all the fish looks pretty grim. I just dont understand how the disease knows how to kill the fish in order. From my most favorite to the ones that are in there just because I couldnt catch them......

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Fish Disease - Velvet
    The parasite has to find a host within 24 hours or it will die!!!
    hope this sheds some light for ya Michael!

12. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Birchell, if the parasite needs a host within 24 hrs, you wouldn't have to boil the rock. It needs a host, how is the rock a host? i would remove any fish you have, put them in a hospital tank and treat them there. No host means no spreading.