everythings dead and I am ticked

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by coldshot, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hey, no biggie, we're cool.

2. Click Here!

3. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I did kick in alot of carbon, everything seem's fine now. I am still going to wait a few week's before adding thing else. I dont know anyone else who is into sw in this area, but I do have a really cool housekeeper who will pretty much take me where I need to go as long I pop for the gas. As far as ever going back to that LFS even with untrust is out of the question. That was to much there, they claim to have this love for the animal's they have then turn and kill off over half of my tank so they can make an easy 20.00...I guess they didnt consider the future money they lost. Kind of discouraging but I love the beauty of it all. prior to this incident I had a really mean Clarkii in my tank I just took back and said here I want nothing for it just dont want it in my tank and then get jammed for a 20 bux like this...some people are a trip when it comes to money...

1 person likes this.
  4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

That really stinks coldshot. I was in the same boat as you, but with an anemone when I first started. LFS said ya, they are easy, blah blah blah. Well it died and wiped out nearly my entire tank. Unfortunately, there is only one LFS here, and I don't have choices to go elsewhere.
    But on that note, keep an eye on your anemone. They are very sensetive as well and fully capable of doing everything that sea slug just did.

5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

The best way to get back at jerk business owners that treat customers that spend their hard-earned money there is to take business AND recommendations elsewhere. To say "it's not my problem" to a customer is completely classless. I would warn anyone asking where to buy aquaria against buying from them, period. Shop owners like that are living on borrowed time in the business word, especially in the days of online sales with stay alive guarantees. Try Live Aquaria too, they have guarantees against death in most livestock. For dy goods, like salt, I get my stuff from Marine Depot.
    I'm glad things have settled down for you though. I'm sorry you had such a rough time, we all have been through that and can empathize with your frustration. :( Just keep your chin up, consider it growing pains. It becomes all well worth it in the end.

6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Seems like he takes full advantage of knowing he is the only shop around.. against his policy.. wow.. doesn't that make you want to.. wow. What a jerk! I know sometimes you have to live and learn, but this instance is really not right. This store near me gets some of the nicest stuff, but they will reccomend anything to you to just sell it. The tried to sell me a nudi to get rid of my brown flatorms. I had read you have to be careful with them, and they are toxic. They can get suckeed into filters.. etc. This is where unclejed comes in.. research before ou get antyhing. I am still blown away by this pet shops attitude.

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I believe it's fair is fowl, and fowl is fair. Is that his policy.. lol... not funny.. :(

8. Click Here!

9. greeny122229

greeny122229 Bristle Worm

you guys are so lucky - over here (uk) to buy salt water costs about 2.50 dollars a gallon, and i won't even start on fish and coral prices.... thats why i have my own 100g a day RO system!!!

Sorry to hear about the slug of death, charcoals good, works for the army......

10. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

I think all is covered, but my two cents here, when your LFS stinks and you cant find water, I would reccomend calling your local aquarium maintenence guys. They have to get their water somewhere, and their salt for that matter, and usually they are super cool people. Our LFS here in Reno is less than desirable, and there is a guy named Ron who owns Aquatic Display. He hooks me up with things at cost. He knows that I will tell everyone how honest he is, and promote his business. I would start here. Who knows? Maybe you can start ordering with them and save on shipping.

11. 50JumpChump

50JumpChump Flamingo Tongue

(I am serious about this) Do you have a News station in your area that runs any kind of program that hepls out citizens? We here in Va Beach have 10 on your side a local News Station that investigate problems that will if any thing will give them bad press, this hobby costs a lot of money and if they are pressed they might change there tone. I would even think about letting everyone you know not to go to this store. I hope you can find what you are looking for bro!!!!!!! This site has taught me as a noob to start out with some good lights and keep my tank FOWLR for a LONG time before I start adding coral. GOOD LUCK much Karma to ya 50JC

12. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

It has happened to all us man I had gill flukes kill about 200 dollars worth of fish in my tank. But it happens sorry about your tank i hope it turns out ok.