evergrow or reefbreeders?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by tonythereefer, Jan 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

Hey guys,

I'm about to purchase one of these fixtures, either two of these Evergrow Dimmable Full Spectrum D120 120W LED Reef Light | eBay

or this from reefbreeders 32" 200Watt Controllable Reef Aquarium LED Light Covers A 48" Tank | eBay

I would love to get the controllable one but my question is would one of these fixtures be enough for a 75 gallon aquarium that measures 48" long? I can't afford to get two of the 24" controllable ones or I would do that instead. My lighting budget is capped at $500.

I realize that reefbreeders has a standard 120w light available but I would really like to get your opinion on these two fixtures so any opinion you guys can give on these would be great, thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Yes the reef breeders will be fine for a 75 gallon tank, just keep in mind the outside probably wont be best for growing much coral other than softies. A couple of people light their 75 gallons with a value fixture from reef breeders ( not sure on dimensions)

4. tonythereefer

would I be better off getting two of the smaller fixtures? or am I better off getting a controllable fixture and just being careful where I place my corals?

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'd get the reefbreeders controllable hands down, you'll love what you can do with that, and no worries for 10 years. If you have the cash, spend it, lighting is a bad place to skimp on. I know zero about the ebay one though, looks decent enough, but that reefbreeders one is complete, and will grow anything you want;)

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I believe the two smaller ones are 16", so they are half the size of the 32".

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

pretty close, I'd get the big one and be done with it;)

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

10. tonythereefer

Ok I've decided to get reefbreeders one, won't be here until the end of the month though probably but I will keep this up to date once they arrive

11. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Just a heads up, the unit sold by reefbreeders is evergrow. It's the it2080 I believe if it's the 32" unit

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, but i think logan upgrades a few things and offers a warranty