ESV B-IONIC salt system users check in please.

Discussion in 'Salt' started by pmrossetti, Jun 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pmrossetti

pmrossetti Plankton

How do you like it? EASY? difficult? parameters ok?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[STRIKE]It works. Manually dosing is a pain in the butt though. Get a doser. I am in the process of configuring mine I recently bought. Over a week period I determined my alk goes .09 meq/L a day. So using the 3reef additive calculator for ESV, I now know I need to dose 3.3 meq/L a day. This is great info. :) Now to hook the doser up...

Why the doser?
    Manually dosing is a burdern over time. Plus ESV calcium additive is really messy and drips all over the place even if you are being careful.

My 2 cents!

matt[/STRIKE]

OOPS MISREAD THE POST SORRY

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

I tried and dont care too much for the work involved in mixing it. It does mix very well, but the time to do it is longer than other pre measured salts. I plan on going back to reef crystals after run out.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry for my reply - misread the 1st post - though you were talking additives and not the salt. :p

PRE-COFFEE

6. antole

antole Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I will recive my first box this thursday and let you know how it is. I had 2 bad batches of red sea coral pro so im switching.

7. antole

antole Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Fist The salt was very nicely packed included measuring spoons and plastic beaker, did not use those but a scole instead. Followed I instructions to a t, add the salt it just dissapered, then the mag same thing, part a and b are completely clear. It took about 10 to 15 min to mix it all now on to the tests. I made a 20 gal batch per instructions the sal level came to 1.024 refractor, ph 8.26 ph probe, calcium 445 Salfret, magnesium 1380 Salfret, alk dead on 9 Salfret. So far I am supper happy with this salt it's makes crystal clear water no residue at all. It seems to perfect to be true. But it's very nice with the extra money and time to mix it's well worth both. I will update you next week when I do a water change.