Eshopps PSK-75 In Sump Protein Skimmer

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by Meanie, Dec 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Meanie

Meanie Spaghetti Worm

Can you get this model and if you can what is the price on it?

Thanks,

Keith

2. Click Here!

3. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Hi, Keith! Thank you so much for your question. We do sometimes special order merchandise for customers, so we reached out to our purchasing department to see if we could bring this skimmer aboard for you.

After a little research, they've decided not to because the features/specs overlap with other skimmers currently in inventory. The ASM Mini-G, for example, has the same specs with a smaller footprint and lower cost.

We apologize we couldn't make this happen for you. If you'd like to tell us more about your aquarium, we can make additional product recommendations. Feel free to contact us so we can talk shop.

4. theaquarist

theaquarist Plankton

Cost vs. foot print

I too was in search of an in-sump skimmer and so I stumbled onto your response to Keith’s question which is at best incomplete. If the two skimmers specifications are virtually identical, as you allude to then, so too will be their performance. The eShopps skimmer can be had for under $100 on the internet from Marine and Reef - http://www.marineandreef.com/EShopps_Skimmer_Cone_PSK_EShopps_Protein_Skimmers_100_75_s/597.htm; the unit you recommend is about $135. Since I have an eShopps filter system their skimmer is a natural choice - for me, however, the question still begs to be asked; is the $35.00 - or so - higher price difference for the unit you recommend justifiable. The answer is yes only if the eShopps unit won’t fit into Keith’s sump. On the other hand the answer is a definite no if the eShopps skimmer will fit.
    If you’re unable to get the eShopps from your supplier say so. To recommend a higher priced unit(s), for which you maintain inventory, says more about benefitting your profit than your potential customers and forum members.

The Aquarist