Eshopps PSK-200 poor assembly instructions

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by Magnus, Feb 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Hopefully they will improve that. Of course as it always happens, it will be after I finally figure this out with all the help of 3reefers.

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I labeled the parts on the picture for you.

Ok, so far it looks like you've done a pretty good job. The two black washers (parts g) go in the fittings on both ends of the pump elbow. These seal it to keep all the pressure in.

The part with the T and short piece of pipe coming out (part a) goes on the pipe coming out of the left side of the skimmer. Put it on with the pipe coming out of the t pointing strait up at the sky.

Next the short piece of tubing (part f) goes in the horizontal end of the T you just installed.

On the end of that tube you will put the elbow (part d) so that it faces strait down at the ground.

The long tube (part c) will go into the end of that hanging down towards the ground.

The large O ring (part h) looks like it is meant to go on part b. Slide it over the tube all the way up under the blue cap.

The part that you just put the part h O ring on (part b) is the control valve. slide this down into the tube coming out the top of the tube coming out of the T (part a) This is the valve you will turn to adjust water level inside the skimmer.

The small odd looking thing (part i) slides into the open intake end of the pump. The small inlet tube coming off the side of it connects to the airline tubing at the base of the skimmer.

The other end of the airline tubing connects to one of the ports on part e. This is the silencer. There is a clip at the base of the collection to cup to clip it to.

I don't know if these directions will be specific enough to help much, but if you need anything else feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Success!!! Thank you SO MUCH for helping me. I know it looks easy and like a first grader could do it, but if you're a first grader that doesn't know how they work and has never seen or put one together before, the post above explains it very well.

The only thing that was off and I realized when assembling was the orange o-ring. It goes on the skimmer fitting where the pump elbow connects to the skimmer itself.
    Also, there was nothing to clip the silencer to the skimmer, so it just hangs there.
    Now, I can connect this to the hose on the short or long thingies of the cylinder and it will work anyway, right?

I greatly appreciate this help, my friend!

+K for being the light at the end of the tunnel :)

- Magnus.

5. mikejrice

Ah, I was a little iffy about that O ring. I'm glad it worked out for you. Have you seen that show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" Just because grade school kids can do it, doesn't mean competent adults can.

6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Yes, I've seen that show too!
    I bet your paycheck that a fifth grader wouldn't put a skimmer together correctly without instructions either!!!

Thanks again for the help my friend!

- Mag.

7. mikejrice

Probably not. Those things are practically alien technology in my eyes. Either they developed it based on something they found in Roswell or a stoned surfer said, "why are the bubbles on the beach so dirty?" and ran with it.

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

LOL! For what I understand.. the micro bubbles will pick up the dirt and impurities in the water pushing it upwards where the collection cup will live up to its name and collect the crap.... but that's just my guessing and I don't like to guess if I can avoid it.

Now with everything put together, I tried to fit it under my DT and realized I'll have about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch to maneuver the collection cup! Which means I won't be able to put a shelve for the 8" recommended water height and my bafler will have to be made to accommodate this skimmer and drain water to the return pump at 8" of water.... hope this works! :-/

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Well, the bubbles don't really push most of the things out. It's a chemical reaction at the molecular level. That's why it can pick up proteins and such that are even invisible to us. What is Skimming? by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

[/QUOTE]

How deep is your sump? Most sumps are designed so that the water isn't too terribly deep so that there's room for drain off water in case the power to the return pump is removed

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks for the link. Highly informative and most appreciated.

Don't have the sump yet. I'm trying to find a 30 long to build it. I have all the stuff I'll need, except the tank and tubing. I suppose I'll have to design it in a way that the skimmer chamber has 8 inches of water. That's the optimal operational water level for my skimmer. A 30 long tank is 16" tall.

I have come up with yet another question though:

How is the sock supposed to catch fish poop if the water that comes to the sump is "skimmed" off the very top?... and for what I've seen, fish poop sinks! Any thoughts on that?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010