EShopps Magnetic Probe Holder. It's GOOD!

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by reefmonkey, Mar 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I scored another great product from the awesome hobbyists brand Eshopps. It probably an item some of you would never think about, I know I didn't before I had a controller up and running.

[​IMG]

The temp and pH probes came with these cruddy little suction cup that began losing their grip and falling off within hours of setting it up. I'd been looking at the probe holders from Eshopps and had budgeted in the cost of $29.99 + shipping to be added to an order from another sponsor on this forum. The only problem was it wasn't going to happen until at least the first week of April and the time then was closer to my birthday on 3/4. So I began hinting to loved ones and friends that this is something I really wanted, needed and could use.
    A small package arrived with no return address and inside was this great little piece of simple equipment. Thank you so much for sending it. If you are a friend from 3reef that is.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for using your photo without permission Eshopps but I threw the box away before thinking about writing this review. Besides I didn't think you'd mind. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The body is 1/2" clear acrylic with 3 holes. Each hole will hold most sized probes and have a nylon thumb screw to set the probe solidly. I had no problem getting my standard pH and temperature probes set, one on each end and I plan on using the third for a titanium ground rod in the future.
    The bracket is 3/4" clear acrylic and sports two very powerful magnets.
    The intensity of the magnets was the first thing I noticed. Not thinking, I slid one off the bracket and with it cupped in my palm slid the other off with the same hand. They snapped together, pinching my the skin on my palm hard enough to bring a blood blister!
    Here's a pic of the two magnets attracted through my wifes hand to show their intensity.
    [​IMG]
    They definitely have no problem holding the bracket in place through the 3/8" glass of my 90 gallon.
    [​IMG]
    I can't say much more about it other than it is another great product from Eshopps. Thank you guys for being here and keeping your awesome products affordable for all hobbyists!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Congrats, nice score and great review. I also have one and agree they are definitely pretty sweet ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Thanks!
    LOL I just realized I have no idea what the other purpose for the holes is. Their flyer says "dual purpose". Hope nobody asked me directly.

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Q:
    A: To hold airline and small tubing in place for things like ATO systems.

1 person likes this.
  6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very nice write up Mike

1 person likes this.
  7. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Awesome! Cool design too!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

*slaps forehead!* LOL

Thanks John!

Another great product :) Thank you!

10. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

yes, with options to hold small tubing. that's why we put with dual purpose.

11. dahenley

dahenley Plankton

works great for dosing 2part or balling light method.
    (im currently using one for holding RO tubing and the 2 lines for my Calcium reactor!!

my wife has one in here tank that holds a Tsunomi ATO probe!. (as well as the RO feed line)