Eshopps Float Valve Question

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by NASAGeek, Aug 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Eshopps....

First, thanks for sponsoring 3reef. Second, thanks for your recent sump contest. I was the lucky recipient of one of the probe holders. Appreciate it much.

I am changing my sump configuration to fix one of the problems that I noted in my "sump lessons learned" from that contest. My bubble trap baffles were too close together. So I am separating them.... solved that problem.

and created another.... now, my Kent Marine Float Valve that I was using for my ATO doesn't fit. It is simply too long. I was looking for a float valve with a smaller footprint and ran across yours....

Eshopps Float Valve Auto-Top Images

It looks smaller but pictures can be deceiving. Do you have the dimensions for the footprint of how much clear space your system takes and possibly a picture of it installed???

Appreciate the help and thanks again.

Mark

PS -- I am obviously biased to buy Eshopps because of your sponsorship and the contest. Thanks again.

2. Click Here!

3. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Eshopps Float Valve

Found this picture and description.

So what is that?? 5" out from the aquarium wall??

Mark

4. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

it's 5.5 inches and if you don't have the space for that, you can turn it 90" degree sideway and that takes less than 3" of space. we been using this for our 220g company tank for 2+ years and never fail.

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Mark, the 5" is inside from the float ball to the acrylic hanging but don't think that will apply to you. this things is a hang-on so you basically can move it around your sump. it actually have two options, one is hang and the other is drill. almost everyone will hang this thing.

6. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Sold. Sounds like it'll work perfect.

Mark

7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

Mark, when you get it, please drop us a message and let everyone at 3Reef know so they know what i'm talking about. this thing is really useful. why pay the $100 electronic when you can get this one way way less. just trying to save everyone money out there.

8. Click Here!

9. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Will do. I'll get some pictures with the probe holder and the float valve as well.

M

10. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

That is the one I have in my sump and it works great. I just drilled a hole in a 5 gallon bucket, added a little barbed valve and ran the tubing down to the sump. You should be very satisfied with this product.

11. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

oh, btw, your probe holder went out today. here's the UPS tracking #. Aren't you glad being the 1st of the 2 hobbyists only to get a hand on this thing before it goes on sale to the market next month :)

UPS
    1ZY597870340573632

12. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

is this $30 investment better than the $100 electronic one or what? our goal here is to save money for the hobbyists so they can use the money for their precious corals collection.