eshopps cone s200

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by macbro, Nov 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macbro

macbro Plankton

i have a mix 125 gals tank and was thinking about change my reef bullet 2 for eshopps cone s200 any opinions about the eshopps

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I have never used the Eshopps skimmer

but I do know some people on this site with Eshopps skimmers and they have reported good things

bump - in the hope it finds at least one of those people for you

Steve

4. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

I just got a bubble mag nac 6 and set it up today. I would have gotten an eshopps but I have hear too many bad things about them. Hard to adjust and fine tune I guess...

5. H&K

H&K Flamingo Tongue

I have the s-200 on my 75 and it is a great skimmer i like it a lot no problems at all.

Attached Files:

• 129.jpg
      129.jpg
      File size:
      392.6 KB
      Views:
    • 154.jpg
      154.jpg
      File size:
      396.1 KB
      Views:
    • 150.jpg
      150.jpg
      File size:
      391.7 KB
      Views:
    • 220.jpg
      220.jpg
      File size:
      390.8 KB
      Views:
  6. macbro

macbro Plankton

well my other option was the swc 180 but looking this skimate make me doupt that the eshopss may work equal?
    the swc is 200$ cheaper

7. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

geeze- I dont know, I have a PSK-300- worked great after a good rinse and then install- this sucker uses twin pumps and pulls a good amount of skimate (see my sig) this after only 2 days now. It is better then the skimmer it replaced, but it's twice the size too.

does this brand of skimmer work well- no doubt- yes they do, and pretty good at that, they work well. But man nearly 600 bones for a simple skimmer- that is a cone shape and actually unproven- nope not on my dime- I have yet to see any thing outperform a well set up becket skimmer at that price.

were it me and necessity required it- I would spend my money on a becket- yea a little more complicated but they do perform well, and at nearly 600 bucks- I will use what I know works well for half that price.