Equipment/livestock Needs

Discussion in 'RARS' started by erikmcreason, Dec 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. erikmcreason

erikmcreason Plankton

I have been a freshwater enthusiast for about 15 years and have recently (in the past year) converted to saltwater reef. i started with a 200 gallon tank. i currently am facing a couple problems and i am looking for some solutions maybe even some assistance with my tank. my biggest issue right now is micro bubbles. i beleive it is caused by my overflow (hangon) pipe diameter being too small for the gph rating of the return sump pump. i cant find a overflow pipe in any fish store or hardware based store, i was hoping somone here may have one lying around or know were to get the right one.my second problem is lighting. i have high output t5 which are good to go but my metal halides are very big and intense, shouldnt be a problem right? well the issue i have is that they are too big for my aquarium canopy and need to be hung over the tank. if i could find a smaller or more compact setup for halides i would be in good shape... id be willing to trade/buy in order to fix my problem. finally since my tank set up is fairly new i am always looking for more live rock, fish, corals etc. if you have anything to help me out or you can part with please let me know and we can wor out trade/payment/donation ;-)

Erik

2. Click Here!

3. Illusions

Illusions Flamingo Tongue

Hey Eric, Did you by chance solve this problem?