Epoxy Putty

Discussion in 'Frags' started by MILLERTIME, Apr 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

i was wondering if LOCITE waterproof Epoxy Putty is safe for aquariums and coral placement? i dont see anuwhere about having toxins or saying toxin free. Anyone recommend a brand to get? thanks for the help - mike

2. Click Here!

3. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

well crazy glue works well ,
    have to watch glues or epoxys that generate heat when mixing it , it'll burn the corals

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

5. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

now lets say the putty is dried, how do you go about remocing it (I.E corals from rock Work?) thanks

6. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

I'm assuming your saying if you wish to remove the coral ?
    ive used that putty that you mix in the hand and place the coral on the rock' ,
    most time's if the coral hasint encrusted it' you can usealy pull it off the rock fairly easy.

7. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Depending on the coral, I would start by cutting them off. Haven't had to remove one that I've stuck to rockwork with putty yet. I do have a Bird's nest coral that is starting to grow close to my glass. I'll have to break it off of the putty sometime in the future to move it to a different spot.

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Lowe's sells a 2 part epoxy for for plastic pipe looks just like the coral stuff Hercules Chemical makes it and also sometimes they carry to Otty brand just read the label to be sure its for plastic Its totally safe for the corals.. 4.95 or so for a 10 inch tube of it. Dries gray in color