Resolved emo nemo simming on his nose

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by scottmwoods, Feb 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scottmwoods

scottmwoods Spaghetti Worm

I got an emo nemo that has been in the tank about a week. He was fine this morning before I went to work and ate. But now he is stuck swimming around on his nose pointing to the bottom of the tank. Sometimes he would flip over on his back. Looks like he might have a problem with his keeping his buoyancy. What can I do to help him?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Google swim bladder disease! Sorry im on my phone, I don't have the right link!

4. scottmwoods

Ok got emo nemo out of the big tank an into the hospital tank. trying to get him to eat peas but not going verry well.

My lobster got a hold of him in the process of getting him out of the big tank. had to take most of the live rocks out of the big tank to get him out. so my rock work in the big tank has to be redone.

he has been in the hospital tank now for about an hour not looking good.

5. scottmwoods

Ok he has been in the hospital tank all night. he is still alive. he was able to rest on the bottom of the tank all night. When he does get up and trys to swimm he points to the bottom. I think he did eat some of the peas that I put into the tank. So I hope he will be fine in a couple of days as long as he is still alive.:-/

Attached Files:

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

hmmm never heard of feeding clowns peas......are they fresh or frozen?

7. scottmwoods

They are frozen. The YouTube video said to thaw them out and smash them between your fingers and put it in the tank so they can eat it. There is no proof that this works but several people have had success with it.

8. Click Here!

9. scottmwoods

Come home for lunch to check on him. He is still alive. he ate more of the peas. Not sure if he is getting better or not but it is changing. He is now more on his back then pointing strait up and down.

He is pooping and it is just clear nothing in it. So not sure what that means.

Anyone have any ideas about anything that is happing to this little guy?:-/

10. Little Shrimp

Little Shrimp Astrea Snail

When I used to do freshwater planted tanks I had a betta that got swim bladder disease. I fed him peas and eventually he got better. I think your clown has SBD and maybe that caused him to get a little sick. I would just keep up what you are doing and coddle him. He could pull through or not. I'm sorry this is happening, clown fish become more than just fish and it is really hard to see them in trouble. Good luck :)

11. scottmwoods

I also turned up the temp on the tank to 82 I know that the warmer the water will help the immune system. How high should I take it?

12. Little Shrimp

Little Shrimp Astrea Snail

I wouldn't go too much higher than that. And make sure you turn up the heat very slowly.