Emergency! Help! 02 problems

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Sep 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

If all else fails, I would recommend a freshwater dip in RO/DI water. It sounds like the symptoms of a parasite infection, but see if you can get help from others first

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I wish you luck Kacy, can't think of anything either. I would turn out the lights and see if they calm down.

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

The lights are out...argh. I couldn't take it. I took the firefish and put him in the 90. He's laying on his side gasping. I didn't know what to do. But he was so frantic in the tank, it was horrible. I couldn't watch it and do nothing.

He's most likely going to die, but at least I tried something.

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

OMG I just found my favorite fish. Dead.

I am so upset right now. So incredibly upset. :cry::cry:

6. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I gotta run, but I hope everything turns out alright. Good luck.

7. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Have you tried Voltage?

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

So sorry Kacy

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

omg this is so horrible. And my fiance isn't here to remove them for me. I can't handle doing it.

My clown is still alive. But I doubt for much longer. I wonder if I can move him out - but I don't have any water made. It would take few hours to get it ready, and by that time...who knows.

Now I'm freaking out it is marine velvet, and of course I threw the firefish in the 90 gallon. Stupid, stupid.

11. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Sorry to hear this Kacy. Velvet could be a possibility but I'm doubting it because every fish in the tank declined at the same time or close to it.

Do you have any air fresheners close to that tank? The auto type that spray every so often?

Again sorry. :(

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

No, no air fresheners.

I really hope it isn't velvet. You have no idea. I'm so mad at myself right now for putting the firefish in the 90. But it kept jumping and hitting itself on the lid :(

But I know velvet kills really fast, and these fish are all dying really fast.

"A fish infected with Oodinium will exhibit abnormal behavior, which can include gasping, loss of color (even a slight loss of color among several aquarium inhabitants can be a good relatively early indicator), gasping at the water surface, scratching on tank objects (flashing), constant swimming at the surface with spastic movements and trying to jump out, not eating, swimming with mouth open, being sluggish, and more."

They are all doing that. Clown at the top gasping, firefish on the sand gasping and trying to jump out, other two fish on the sand gasping.

And they were all fine a few hours ago!!! ***.